The duties of the electrician are mainly; support services, preventive maintenance and emergency call respond for electrical power systems related to mission critical physical infrastructure for the data centers as UPSs, Generators, low voltage cabling and PDUs with capability to read blueprints, load schedule, single line diagram, manuals and datasheets.
Secondly; do the start-up services and installation works required for replacement the spare parts for the Gensets, UPSs and other electrical related components.
FSE must follow the National Electrical Codes, Authorities and comply with State and local building codes.
- 3 years minimum
- Preferred certified by international vendor (SCHNEIDER/APC, POWERWARE, CATERPILLAR, FG WILSON, etc.)
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with local codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Respond to emergency calls for Generators, UPS and other related power systems.
- Technical training courses in electrical engineering.
- Basic computer skills.
- Driving License.
- Fluent in English language (speaking and writing skills).
Required Technical Skills and Competencies:
- use ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- use variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- terminate the power cables, replacing circuit breakers and other power related accessories.
The electrician works in industrial environment installing, repairing and maintaining a variety of related electronic equipment, such as generators, UPSs, air conditioning units, VAVs…etc. may be under a non-ideal conditions and work may take place in cramped, dirty/dusty, cold, or hot conditions. Safety must be considered in dealing with electricity, flammable fuel lines and CFC chemicals. Also may have to fish wires through existing constructions. Respiratory precautions may also be taken because of exposure to dust and refrigeration chemicals.
- Generally work a minimum of 48 hours a week.
- Emergency calls 24x7.
- Phone availability 24x7.
- Onsite availability 2 to 4 hours (or as per the contract with the end user).
Contact person: HR Director – Pavel Šebek, +420 603 174 067